Pages

Sunday, 18 April 2010

Pheasant Bullies Former Ornithologist

Like any submissive and loyal subject, I always enjoy heart warming stories of cutesy animals.  What I love more are stories of very average animals causing havoc.

I was visiting my Grandfather today, and saw his copy of the Sun.  In it was the usual one-sided political sentiments that put me off ever buying it, but one story did make me chuckle, that of retired ornithologist Jack Tucker, who is being terrorised by a pheasant in Devon.  Oh the irony!  What I particularly like are the photographs of Jack being mauled.

Upon further investigation, it seems that this is not the only recent instance of such an attack.  In February of this year the Daily Mail reported that the North Yorkshire village of Newsham had been the victim of a campaign of violence and terror for months:

Eyes of a killer.

"Men, women, children, prams, bikes, dogs and even cars have all fallen victim to the psychopathic fowl, which some believe is out to avenge its dead relatives".

Where will this spate of pheasant rampages end?  Can anything be done to protect the Sovereign against the feathered menace?  I for one am emigrating if one of the major parties does not propose stringent measures.

Be wary, people of Great Britain.  If former ornithologists are not safe, what hope for the rest of us?

No comments:

Post a Comment